Saturday, March 29, 2008

Shake for Summer

Photobucket
Summer heat in Cebu City now is intense, and heavy downpour is also regular in the evening. You could just imagine our climate here.

My children often prepare a variety of shake to combat the heat. Since it's summer, there are so many available fruits in the market.

Yesterday, they made watermelon shake; the other day, apple shake; and today, they merely opted for Nestea with kalamansi and sugar. It's really refreshing!!

Try mixing different fruits and you'll find it so deliciously refreshing. You can either use milk or cream with the fruits. We have even tried green mangoes and the taste is a cross between sweet and sour but nonetheless delectable.

4 comments:

Tinggay said...

Hi.
I did not make it. :(
I was so depressed but my parents made me feel so much better by taking it all in a stride.
I am going to buy mangoes tomorrow and make some mango shake. I think this would make me feel a lot better.
:)

The_Sphinx's World said...

It's okay, don't be depressed. The husband of my closest cousin didn't make it on his first too but he didn't give up. Shake off the depression by going our with friends on summer escapades. The beach is waiting.

Jescel said...

i love mango shake, both green and yellow... hmmnnn...

Edamame said...

I am interested in the food culture of your country. And I support your site. If there is time, please come in my site. From Japan
http://food-soybean.blogspot.com/