Tuesday, June 24, 2008

No Takers for my Kimchi

I still have a jar of the kimchi that I made. My children do not touch it since they first tasted it. I don't eat it too because of the odor. There is a certain pungent odor when you open the jar and it's not because it's not edible anymore. I've preserved it well and I put it in the fridge.

I think the reason why other people like us are not drawn to kimchi is its strong odor. Usually, cabbage and radish have this when you preserve them. I remember my Dad who always kept preserved radish inside an earthen jar. Being a pure Chinese, he also loves to eat it with his porridge. Every time he opens the jar, I always ran outside. It's the same odor all over again and I dare not open my kimchi anymore.

I still think that "acharra", the Philippine salad, (with its combination of shredded green papaya, carrots, string beans, ampalaya, talong, and spices) tastes much much better. But again, it's really just a matter of choice or more so, a matter of taste.

2 comments:

Jescel said...

you're right. i'd take atcharra anytime... :o)

The_Sphinx's World said...

hi jes, sorry...sorry... i'm so late in responding. talagang na-busy kasi ako. promise, i'll find time to visit your site soon.