Friday, May 23, 2008

Chilled Fruit Cheesecake


I love desserts! My family and I really love to eat sweets after heavy meals, and this is the reason why I always ask friends for recipes that I tasted and liked.

The following recipe is from a friend who gave me a chilled dessert on my birthday last year. I forgot about it but as I was preparing my menu for my father-in-law's birthday on June 12, I remembered it. And now, I'm sharing this with you.


Ingredients:

1 cup chocolate cookie/biscuit crumbs
1/4 cup margarine, melted (better to use the light kind)
1 pack cream
150 g cream cheese, softened
3 tbsp sugar
1/4 cup orange/pineapple/mango marmalade
1 can (439 g) Fruit Cocktail (drained, reserve the syrup)
1 envelope unflavored gelatin

Procedure:

Mix cookie/biscuit crumbs with melted margarine. Press into a round pan. Freeze for about 10 minutes to set.

Beat cream, cheese, sugar and marmalade until smooth.

In another bowl, sprinkle gelatin over the fruit cocktail syrup that you have reserved. Pour into a saucepan and cook over low heat until gelatin is dissolved.

Beat the gelatin into your cream mixture. Add fruit cocktail, then smooth over the chilled cookie/biscuit crust. Chill until firm. Top with preserved fruits/jam or shredded cheese before serving.

3 comments:

Tinggay said...

Parang ang sarap!
I'm going to try out this one.
I don't know where to find cream cheese
in the grocery?

The_Sphinx's World said...

yes, there is a variety of cheese in the chiller of a supermarket. I guarantee that this is really yummy for one who has a sweet tooth.

zrestha said...

wow..this look yummy..going to try out!