Monday, May 5, 2008

Kimchi

Today, I am not posting a new recipe because I haven't prepared one yet. But as I was watching a very funny Korean movie, I got interested in "kimchi" which seems to be one of their favorite food. So I browsed on Google and looked it up and I found varied recipes on how to prepare it.

I realized that it's a little like our local "achara" (pickled vegetables, without the cabbage). Well, I think I just have to try preparing kimchi so I could taste it before I post a recipe here.

I might do it today or tomorrow. I hope it tastes good. Wish me luck...

6 comments:

Jescel said...

i actually have a korean-style chicken that I'm posting later on.. you might like it.. :o)

The_Sphinx's World said...

hey, i love that! i'll check it out now. thanks.

David Tamayo said...

I am a foodie. Having owned a restaurant in Hawaii, and currently opening a food business in the Philippines, your site had my stomach rumbling with hunger. Kimchi is one of my favorite foods. I will be waiting for this post. YUMMY!

The_Sphinx's World said...

thank you very much. I will be checking on your posts regularly. I still have not tried this because I'm busy doing errands for my husband who is currently abroad. Basta, I'll try this soonest.

Jescel said...

thank you for your kind words about my father... he's home doing better now. anyway, regarding the kimchi.. have you seen it na? here's the link..http://spice-o-life.blogspot.com/2008/05/seoul-ful-chicken-with-minted-cucumber.html -- let me know what you think (my food blog is at Spice of Life)

The_Sphinx's World said...

hi jes,

Yes, I went through your recipe and it seems it's easier to prepare. I will definitely try it with grilled meat. Perhaps I'll do it on June 12, my father-in-law's birthday.